Wiil Wright, creator of Sim City 2000 gives his talk on creating the game.
- His vision for games – create a group of products which let users exchange/port/re-use their creations within each game.
- Allow users to create small sets of their own data, and make that data shareable across multiple games and combine them to make a much larger world. How can we apply this concept to user generated content on mobile apps?
- User generated content should be resuable and have multiple applications.
- Build things to allow other people to build things
GP Walsh, a Law of Attraction coach and ex-computer programmer, shared his insights in a free mini-course.
- Attracting what you want means adjusting your character, personality and self first.
- Attracting your desires will cause situations to come into your life to prepare you for what you truly want.
- Therefore realize, that a a process of internal change must occur for you to be ready to receive what you really want.
- Creative people are excellent observers. The difference between designers and developers is how they see and interpret the world.
- “Curiosity about life in all of its aspects, I think, is still the secret of great creative people” – Leo Burnett
- Creativity lies in the power to do unusual (useful) things
- Challenge you to stimulate your creativity on a daily basis. Try purchasing a daily Whack Pack.
- There are creative thinking tests.
- Everyone is creative every day in their life and everyone can improve their creativity so that it’s commercially interesting.
Week 15, 2013