- Twitter has a soft 2,000 follower limit. The limit actually depends on the number of users following you. This is very disappointing. It actually makes we want to write my own social media scraper to download tweets myself. This would be a nice Node.JS project.
- Personal change comes by using your mind over matters of fear.
- Is HTML5 mobile development good enough? LinkedIn doesn’t think so. The reason? Adequate, professional tooling does not exist for HTML5 mobile development.
- How do you know you are really building an MVP? An MVP is primarily built to test assumptions on a customer. You should fake functionality as much as possible, so that it appears as magic to person you are testing it with. The purpose is to learn from sample data, and only build what will help determine if your idea is successful or not.
- Just finished attending the first Think and Grow Rich Summit in Del Mar, CA. Learned a lot and got inspired. Highly recommend it if you are into personal development.
DotNetNuke is a CMS in which I do a lot of web development in. For anyone that wants to get into DNN module development, below is an simple action plan to help get their feet wet.
Download DNN from Codeplex.
Make sure you are using Visual Studio 2012 for development in DNN 7.
Review UX Design Guidelines. Remember that each version of DNN varies in its standards and guidelines. Since comprehensive documentation is hard to find for each version, do your best to support at least one major version. Version 6 is the best version to build your module against.
Read up on module development basics.
Know who you are developing your modules for. Most tutorials and examples on the web are not enterprise friendly. You have to adopt a whole new development philosophy to do real business heavy enterprise module development in DNN. Mitchel Sellers blogs about Enterprise DNN Development.
Check out XMod is a powerful DNN form builder.
Wiil Wright, creator of Sim City 2000 gives his talk on creating the game.
- His vision for games – create a group of products which let users exchange/port/re-use their creations within each game.
- Allow users to create small sets of their own data, and make that data shareable across multiple games and combine them to make a much larger world. How can we apply this concept to user generated content on mobile apps?
- User generated content should be resuable and have multiple applications.
- Build things to allow other people to build things
GP Walsh, a Law of Attraction coach and ex-computer programmer, shared his insights in a free mini-course.
- Attracting what you want means adjusting your character, personality and self first.
- Attracting your desires will cause situations to come into your life to prepare you for what you truly want.
- Therefore realize, that a a process of internal change must occur for you to be ready to receive what you really want.
- Creative people are excellent observers. The difference between designers and developers is how they see and interpret the world.
- “Curiosity about life in all of its aspects, I think, is still the secret of great creative people” – Leo Burnett
- Creativity lies in the power to do unusual (useful) things
- Challenge you to stimulate your creativity on a daily basis. Try purchasing a daily Whack Pack.
- There are creative thinking tests.
- Everyone is creative every day in their life and everyone can improve their creativity so that it’s commercially interesting.
Week 15, 2013